ELIXIR Train the Trainer - Online course
Feb 9-12, 2021
The ELIXIR Training Platform is pleased to announce a Train the Trainer (TtT)
event online, in collaboration with ELIXIR-CZ and UCT Prague.
Course date: 09-12 February, 2020, 14:00 - 17:30 CET
We will accept a maximum of 20 participants. Priority will be given to candidates
from ELIXIR-CZ institutes (see below) and ELIXIR nodes.
There is no course attendance fee.
- Loredana Le Pera (ELIXIR-IT Deputy Training Coordinator, IBIOM/IBPM-CNR, IT)
- Jessica Lindvall (ELIXIR-SE Training Coordinator, NBIS, SE)
- Patricia Palagi (ELIXIR-CH Training Coordinator, SIB, CH)
- Allegra Via (ELIXIR-IT Training Coordinator, IBPM-CNR, IT)
- Vojtěch Spiwok (ELIXIR-CZ Training Coordinator, UCT Prague, CZ)
Description - Course materials
The course is made up of four sessions, covering:
- Learning principles and how they apply to training and teaching
- Lesson, course, and materials design
- Teaching techniques that can be used to enhance learner engagement and participation
- Assessment and feedback in training and teaching
Whoever is interested in becoming a teacher or a better one. If you have questions like
the following ones, this course may be very helpful to you.
- How learning works?
- How can I use learning principles and theories to improve my teaching?
- How can I make my teaching more engaging and effective?
- How should I adjust my teaching to different types of learners?
- How can I help slow learners?
- How can I assess whether my students are actually understanding my lessons? Are they actually learning?
- What is the best balance between theory and practice?
- How can I best assess whether learning is occurring and/or has occurred?
- What works in a classroom and what doesn't?
- How can I become a better teacher?
- To get acquainted with Learning principles and how they apply to training
- To be able to select and utilise training techniques that can be used to enhance learner engagement and participation
- To learn how to use assessment and feedback in training
- To learn about session, course, and materials design
- Learners can name learning principles that a good teacher/instructor should have in mind
- Learners can describe at least three training techniques, drawing on learning principles
- Learners can design a training session and a course
- Learners can develop assessment questionnaires
- Learners can enumerate types of materials needed for each part of a training session or course
- 14:00 - 14:30 Introductions, who is who and what we need to achieve
- 14:30 - 17:30 [Session 1]: Review of learning principles and how they apply to training and teaching
- 14:00 - 17:30 [Session 2]: Session, course, and material design
- 14:00 - 17:30 [Session 3]: Training techniques that can be used to enhance learner engagement and participation
- 14:00 - 17:00 [Session 4]: Assessment and feedback in training
- 17:00 - 17:30 Wrap-up and feedback
ELIXIR-CZ member institutes
- Institute of Organic Chemistry and Biochemistry of the CAS
- CESNET, z.s.p.o.
- Masaryk University – CEITEC and CERIT–SC
- Palacký University Olomouc
- Charles University
- Institute of Molecular Genetics of the ASCR, v. v. i.
- Institute of Microbiology of the CAS, v. v. i.
- Institute of Biotechnology CAS, v. v. i.
- Biology Centre CAS
- University of Chemistry and Technology, Prague
- Czech Technical University in Prague - Faculty of Information Technology
- University of West Bohemia
- University of South Bohemia in České Budějovice
- University Hospital at Saint Anna in Brno, FNUSA – ICRC